The Natural Kitchen
The Natural Kitchen
Three day residential cookery course
17th – 20th August
28th – 30th September
16th – 18th November
This three day plant based cookery class is geared towards making you a natural in the kitchen. Set in beautiful Nailsworth, a historic mill town in the Cotswolds, the residential cookery course includes two nights accommodation at the luxury Egypt Mill hotel. Immerse yourself for three wonderful days in hands-on cookery lessons and demonstrations, where we’ll create seasonal and organic feasts.
A taste of the cookery course
- Plant based cookery hone your skills of modern plant based cookery and plant based proteins
- Salads for all seasons – including the basics of making dressings, composing salads and garnishes
- Soulful soups – made with homemade stock and seasonal vegetables
- Basics of sprouting – learn how to grow and use them
- Introduction to fermentation – discover the world of friendly bacteria for gut health
- Sweet and natural – delicious and healthy recipes for a sweet tooth using a variety of unrefined sugars
- World flavours and spices – explore world flavours and learn how to get the most of your spice cupboard
- Quick, healthy and delicious meals – perfect for busy lives and families
- Organic vegetables and ingredients from local farms and suppliers
- Knife skills – a variety of cooking methods and vegetable preparation techniques
- Cupboard essentials for the natural kitchen
- Foundation in cooking a variety of grains, beans and pulses
- Complete printed pack of all recipes cooked over the course, so you can make them again and again at home
Day 1 2:00pm Arrival to 8:00pm
Arrival time 2pm Begin your residential by checking into the beautiful and sympathetically restored 16th century Egypt Mill. Erin will meet you at the hotel to make sure you’re comfortably settled in. Shortly after, we’ll make our way over to the cookery school which is a short 3 minute walk away.
Upon arrival at the cookery school we’ll enjoy afternoon tea while introductions are made. Afterwards, settle into the kitchen for a hands-on cookery fermentation lesson, followed by a lesson on simple yet fabulous seasonal suppers. We will then sit down to a 2 course meal.
Day 2 10:00am to 5:00pm
Awake and have breakfast in the wonderful surroundings at Egypt Mill before joining us in the kitchen.
Spend the day exploring flavours of the world paired with cupboard staples for the natural kitchen like quinoa, beans and pulses and local, seasonal vegetables. We will also cover plant based proteins including tofu and tempeh. The day will be split between two meals with a short break in the middle.
We will make sensation salads, super soups, healthy yet indulgent sweet treats and boost your overall knowledge and confidence in the kitchen.
Day 3 10:00am to 3:00pm
10:00am to 3:00pm After a comfortable night in your luxury room, head over to the cookery school for another inspirational lesson on creating memorable quick, healthy and delicious meat free meals.
For three days including all food, ingredients, equipment and accommodation:
- £495 per person for double occupancy
- £575 for single occupancy
- Non residential £325
The recipes will be plant based and vegan. Gluten-free options are available, but please let us know when you book.
Tea, coffee, herbal tea and homemade cordials will be available throughout the weekend, along with hand-picked organic wine for the evening meals.
The small print – please see our terms and conditions before booking.
Egypt Mill is an independently owned 16th Century luxury hotel, located in Nailsworth, the idyllic Cotswold town in Gloucestershire.
This sympathetically converted 16th Century Mill offers 32 individually designed ensuite bedrooms and a unique restaurant, which provides the most perfect setting for a refreshing break.
You simply won’t find a more characterful hotel to escape the stresses of everyday life. Of course all the usual essentials are supplied – not to forget the fluffy white towels, quality toiletries, in-room refreshments tray and the all important complimentary Wi-Fi. It even has a cozy fireplace situated in the pub to gather round and enjoy a night cap.
Situated on the banks of the River Frome, its picture-perfect scenic riverside location is the epitome of all that Gloucestershire has to offer. It’s only a short drive away from the cities of Bath, Bristol and Cheltenham, and within easy access from the M5 (J13) and M4 (J18).
Please be aware, due to the age and layout of this beautiful hotel there are a number of steps around the property. Hotel rooms are situated in the main mill and 3 separate buildings within the grounds.
The Veg Table - By Erin Baker
Vegetarian and vegan recipes inspired by tables around the world.
The Veg Table is a collection of recipes taught and cooked for thousands of people every year.
They’ve got the thumbs up in classes, parties, supper clubs and catered events. Fresh, full of flavour, and inspired by regional cuisine, they showcase a range of cookery techniques and a variety of ways to make meat-free meals tempting and indulgent.