The Natural Kitchen
The Natural Kitchen
5th-7th October 2018 Fully booked
1st-3rd February 2019
4th-6th February 2019
A three day vegetarian cookery retreat geared to make you a natural in the kitchen. Set on a beautiful organic farm in the Cotswolds, the residential course includes two nights accommodation and three days of hands-on cookery lessons and demonstrations. We’ll create and share seasonal and organic feasts.
A taste of the course
- Breakfast – green smoothies along with protein and veg-packed ways to start the day
- Salads for all seasons – including the basics of making dressing, composing salads and garnishes
- Soulful soups – made with homemade stock and seasonal vegetables
- Basics of sprouting – learn how to grow and use
- Three course dinner menu – including tips on timing and presentation
- Healthy breakfast recipes
- Sweet and natural – delicious and healthy recipes for a sweet tooth
- Tour of the certified organic vegetable garden and farm
- Knife skills – a variety of cooking methods and vegetable preparation techniques
- Cupboard essentials for the natural kitchen
- Foundation in cooking a variety of grains, beans and pulses
- Complete pack of all recipes cooked over the course
Begin your stay on Friday early afternoon with a tour of Abbey Home Farmyard and its organic gardens that provide the inspiration for the dishes created throughout the weekend. Afterwards, settle into the kitchen for a hands-on cookery lesson, followed by dinner.
Awake in beautiful surroundings before joining us in the kitchen to learn the basics of a delicious and indulgent healthy brunch. We all have a place in our heart for a cooked breakfast, but these late morning masterpieces showcase seasonal veg.
Short break then back into the kitchen to create a feast for the lunchbox. Busy lives mean we often grab something on the go. Create soups, salads, nibbles and sweet treats to have on hand for a busy week and lazy weekend. Recipes will be inspired by what’s available from the vegetable garden.
After lunch there will be a break for you to relax and enjoy a walk in the woodland or a nice cup of tea and a book in the common room. Once rested, it’s back in the kitchen to create a restaurant quality five course meal inspired by flavours of the world. Learn the secrets of these influential tastes as we teach you how to find your own ethnic flair.
Rise and shine for a hands-on cookery lesson featuring green smoothies and quick healthy breakfasts. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and is often overlooked. After a short break, return to the kitchen for an inspirational lesson on creating memorable vegetarian Sunday Roasts.
For three days including all food, ingredients, equipment and accommodation:
- £395 for shared occupancy
- £425 for single occupancy (twin room)
One this vegetarian cookery course the food will mainly be plant based but will include some eggs and dairy from the farm. Vegan and gluten-free options are available, but please let us know when you book.
Tea, coffee, herbal tea and homemade cordials will be available throughout the weekend. Alcohol will be available to buy in the evenings.
Abbey Home Farm is a 1600 acre mixed organic farm on the edge of Cirencester. Guests stay in the brand new bedrooms made from wood from the farm, nestled into the side of the wood overlooking the vegetable garden and beyond. Sleep soundly on organic cotton bed linen which is hand block printed in the farm’s own tiny workshop in Rajasthan. All rooms are ensuite with underfloor heating and open up onto a wide south-facing veranda. There’s also a large communal space with a kitchen for eating, chatting and relaxing as well as an outdoor fire for lovely evenings.