April 24 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm£110
Discover the world of Levantine cuisine in our Arabian Nights cookery class. This historic area includes the modern regions of Lebanon, Syria, Israel, Palestine and surrounding eastern Mediterranean. Learn how to use sumac, za’atar, fava beans, bulgar, fresh herbs and lemon, all vital ingredients that make this beautiful food so memorable.
- Kibbeh – bulgar croquettes filled with chickpeas and spinach
- Muhjadara – fragrant rice and lentils with caramelised onions
- Ful Medames – stewed fava beans with fresh herbs, tomatoes, garlic and lemon
- Manakish – flatbread topped with za’atar
- Baklava – filo pastry filled with chopped nuts and soaked in orange scented syrup
Natural Cookery School recipes are inspired by the season. Classes are a combination of hands-on and demonstration, with plenty of added tips and knife skills. You will work in small groups in our teaching kitchen, creating the recipes and tasting along the way. We'll enjoy a shared meal at the end of the class, so please bring a container in case of leftovers... You will be provided with an apron to use for the day and recipe packs to take home. No washing up necessary as we have someone on hand to take care of that.
All Natural Cookery School classes are suitable for vegans and most for those who are gluten-free. Please add any dietary requirements or allergy information during the checkout process.
If you're buying this class as a gift and would like us to send a printed gift voucher to the recipient, please add their name and address in the 'Order notes' section on the checkout page